Tuesday, December 2, 2008

An idea I had from some photos I took at dusk with my Iphone. I like it but I have a hard time not doing more to it.


An example of the acrylic paintings that I'm working on for my upcoming show. These have a warm feel...I'm calling them October fields. Most have an orange to yellow field of some sort at the bottom and then some kind of distant horizon. The surface is textured with tissue paper to add some visual interest.


I'm working on an idea to use plastic shopping bags cut into pieces and gessoed or glued to the painting surface. It might be a good way to use up all that plastic. I have used plastic wrap in the canvas surface with good results so why not the plastic bags. For all of those plastic bags still getting out there in spite of canvas bags to reuse at the store.....











No comments: