Monday, December 15, 2008

Peas and Carrots

" Peas and Carrots"
One of the paintings in the Artful Lodger show.
The paintings were delivered yesterday in the afternoon without a whole lot of stress. I had been steadily working toward the Sunday afternoon deadline and had the 30 paintings wrapped and in their packing by noon. One of the most time consuming parts of preparing for a show after the painting has all been done is naming all of the paintings. I like the names to have meaning but not be too obvious. And I end up talking out loud to myself about the painting and what I was thinking when I painted it. Some times I take photos of the paintings and then flip through them writing the first thing that pops into my head when I see them. For this painting the single tree in the middle of the row made me think of climbing trees, being under a tree and having a favorite tree. Naturally, that means Forrest Gump and Jenny. And that can only mean Peas and Carrots.



No comments: